The roots to grow and the wings to fly
Our inclusive school family provides everyone with firm roots and foundations which enable them to aim high, use their gifts and fly. Every child and adult is special to God and uniquely made in his image – we strive to ensure that all members of our school’s body understand their worth and value.
All members of our school’s body seek to nurture the following Christian values (roots):
Roots (our Christian values):
- ‘Encourage one another and build each other up.’ (Thessalonians 5:11) – friendship
- ‘Just as the Lord has forgiven you, so you must also forgive others.’ (Colossians 3:13) - forgiveness
- ‘Do to others as you would have them do to you.’ (Matthew 7:12) – respect
- ‘Tell the truth to each other.’ (Zechariah 8:16) – truthfulness
- ‘I can do all things through him who strengthens me.’ (Philippians 4:13) – perseverance
- ‘Always be thankful.’ (1 Thessalonians 5:16) – thankfulness
- ‘For the body itself is not made up of only one part but of many parts.’ (1 Corinthians 12: 14) – citizenship (koinonia)
These roots give our children the ‘Wings to fly’. This means:
- The ability to live in and value a diverse society.
- Realising that there are no limits to your potential.
- Having the confidence to make informed choices and to think for yourself.
- Being aware of your own gifts and using them wisely.
- Playing a part in making the world a better place.
- Recognising and celebrating the good in everybody and everything.
“They will soar high on wings like eagles.” (Isaiah 40: 31)