St Margaret's Church of England Primary School
Welcome to our School
We are a caring and friendly school, with a strong Christian Ethos. This website aims to give you a taster of the school, as well as providing regular updated information for both parents and pupils.
We hope that you enjoy your visit to our website, and that you find any information you are looking for. Please feel free to contact the school direct with any queries you may have. Please see the contact details tab under the 'About Us' section.
Emma Prokipczuk (Head Teacher)
What we believe is important
Within the happy caring environment of our Christian School we aim to build partnerships between home, school, governors, the Church and wider community to:
- Encourage a lifelong desire to learn
- Identify and realise each individual's potential
- Develop self-discipline, respect and esteem
- Promote respect and care for each other, our families, our community and our world
- Provide a wide and stimulating range of learning opportunities
- Promote equal opportunities for all
- Provide a safe and secure environment
Ethos and Values
We believe that a talented, well-motivated teaching staff will encourage children to learn in a safe and happy school. We want children to work hard, do their best and be proud of their achievements. In our caring Christian family atmosphere we expect each child to:
- Be interested in learning
- Develop learning/study skills
- Be capable of living and working in harmony with others
- Acquire sound concepts and knowledge of the world in which we live
- Be able to make decisions and carry them out
- Acquire sound moral concepts.
We are a Church of England Primary School and due emphasis is placed on the Bible and its Christian teaching whilst also recognising that we are part of multi faith society.
A child's education can only be really successful if its parents and school work together to do their best for the child. If you choose to send your child to our school, we shall assume that you support our general approach to education. In return for your support, we shall do our best to explain to you what we do, how we do it and why.
We are fully committed to the safeguarding of the children in our care.
- Establish and maintain an ethos where children feel secure and are encouraged to talk, and are listened to.
- Ensure that children know that there are adults in the school whom they can approach if they are worried or in difficulty
- Include in the curriculum, activities and opportunities for PSHE/Citizenship which equip children with the skills they need to stay safe from abuse, and which will help children develop realistic attitudes to the responsibilities of adult life, particularly with regard to childcare and parenting skills
- Ensure every effort is made to establish effective working relationships with parents and colleagues from other agencies
- Operate safe recruitment procedures and make sure all appropriate checks are carried out on new staff and volunteers who will work with children, including references and Disclosure & Barring Service and List 99 checks where appropriate.
Our policy and procedure on Safeguarding and Child Protection can be viewed in the policies section found under 'About Us'/ 'Key Information' on this website but may also be viewed in school. Any information on this website may be requested from the school office in paper form.