Key Stage 1 Teacher
Full Time & Permanent
Main Pay Scale – NQT applications welcome
Start date – January 2022
We are looking for an exceptional teacher to join our Key Stage 1 team. The successful candidate will have an outstanding understanding of early reading and strategies to enable all our pupils to become independent lifelong readers. This is a rare opportunity to join a school keen to inspire pupils and where staff aspire for excellence.
“Pupils, staff and parents express a tremendous loyalty for the school and describe it as ‘one big family’. Staff look after pupils very well so that pupils feel safe and thrive.
The behaviour of pupils is outstanding. Their attitudes towards each other, their teachers and their work are exemplary, founded on mutual respect, high expectations of good manners and consideration for others.
Lessons are characterised by pupils’ high levels of attentiveness. Teachers’ careful planning, thoughtful questioning and high expectations mean that pupils are motivated by, and engaged productively in, their learning.”
Ofsted, January 2016
We are looking for;
- an experienced and passionate teacher who can deliver an outstanding education,
- a teacher who has high expectations for all pupils and is able to inspire them to achieve great things,
- a teacher who can establish a stimulating and vibrant learning environment for the children,
- a teacher committed to developing their practice to improve outcomes for children,
- a teacher who can coordinate a specific area of the curriculum, and
- a flexible individual who will use their initiative where necessary.
We can offer
- an experienced, fun Key Stage 1 team to work alongside,
- a bespoke programme of professional development,
- the opportunity of career development opportunities, within our school and Trust,
- a supportive local governing body and staff team, and
- a rich school culture reflecting our vision as Church of England primary school
If you would like more details about this vacancy please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack. We encourage all potential applicants to arrange a visit to discover the unique atmosphere of this school.
Closing date: Wednesday 22nd September 2021
Interviews will be held Tuesday 28th September 2021
St Margaret’s CE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We advertise any jobs we have at St Margaret's on this page, on the Leics County Council website and in local free papers/magazines.
Please note: This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Enhanced DBS clearance will be applied for and required for all positions as will Right to Work in the UK checks and satisfactory references.
Please visit the DfE Teaching Vacancies Website by following the following link~