St Margaret's Church of England Primary School
Welcome to our School
We are a caring and friendly school, with a strong Christian Ethos. St. Margaret's is a truly special place; many of the children describe it as 'one big family'. Our mission statement 'The roots to grow and the wings to fly' is at the heart of everything we do - encouraging and supporting children in developing strong roots on which to build their lives. We want to enable all of the children in our school to aim high, use their gifts and fly.
This website aims to give you a taster of the school, as well as providing regular updated information for both parents and pupils.
We hope that you enjoy your visit to our website, and that you find any information you are looking for. Please feel free to contact the school direct with any queries you may have. Please see the contact details tab under the 'About Us' section.
Adam Watson (Executive Principal)
The roots to grow and the wings to fly.
Our inclusive school family provides everyone with firm roots and foundations which enable them to aim high, use their gifts and fly. Every child and adult is special to God and uniquely made in his image – we strive to ensure that all members of our school’s body understand their worth and value. All members of our school’s body seek to nurture the following Christian values (roots):
Roots (our Christian values):
- ‘Encourage one another and build each other up.’ (Thessalonians 5:11) – friendship
- ‘Just as the Lord has forgiven you, so you must also forgive others.’ (Colossians 3:13) - forgiveness
- ‘Do to others as you would have them do to you.’ (Matthew 7:12) – respect
- ‘Tell the truth to each other.’ (Zechariah 8:16) – truthfulness
- ‘I can do all things through him who strengthens me.’ (Philippians 4:13) – perseverance
- ‘Always be thankful.’ (1 Thessalonians 5:16) – thankfulness
- ‘For the body itself is not made up of only one part but of many parts.’ (1 Corinthians 12: 14) – citizenship (koinonia)
These roots give our children the ‘Wings to fly’. This means:
- The ability to live in and value a diverse society.
- Realising that there are no limits to your potential.
- Having the confidence to make informed choices and to think for yourself.
- Being aware of your own gifts and using them wisely.
- Playing a part in making the world a better place.
- Recognising and celebrating the good in everybody and everything.
“They will soar high on wings like eagles.” (Isaiah 40: 31)